Bourbon Peach BBQ Spareribs with All-Purpose Rub
By Charmane Andrews Skillen
- 12 pounds pork spareribs
- s.a.l.t. sisters Hickory Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 cups Bourbon Peach BBQ sauce, see recipe below
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange ribs in single layer on baking sheets, season both sides with Hickory smoked sea salt and pepper, cover tightly with foil. Bake until very tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
To obtain ribs with meat on both sides, cut out every other bone. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate.)
Arrange ribs in single layer on baking sheets, coat generously with BBQ sauce. Bake until ribs are hot and sauce starts to glaze, about 25 minutes. Line platter with a hardy lettuce or kale and top with ribs. Serve hot.
Bourbon Peach BBQ sauce
- 28 oz tomato puree
- 1 cup peach preserves
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Bourbon, I like Makers Mark
- ½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 2-3 tsp s.a.l.t. sisters All-Purpose BBQ Rub
Combine all ingredients in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring mixture to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer for about an hour. Sauce can be prepared up to 1 week ahead; cover tightly and refrigerate.
This sauce could be used for beef ribs as well.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device