Uses: Spice up your jambalaya, gumbo, etoufee or red beans and rice. Delicious paired with all sorts of seafood like scallops, fish and shrimp; try using to season crab cakes or oyster stew. Also wonderful on chicken.
Ingredients: Unrefined sea salt, paprika, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, black pepper, chipotle powder, thyme, celery seed.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 Tbs Chipotle Creole Rub & Seasoning
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ lb Andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb medium-sized raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- Hot sauce (use your favorite!)
In a bowl combine the chicken with 2 Tbs of Chipotle Creole Rub & Seasoning, stir until well coated and set aside. Heat the butter and EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken on all sides, then remove from pan and set aside. Add the Andouille sausage; cook until sausage begins to brown, removed from pan and set aside. To the pan add onion, garlic, celery and bell pepper, suate for 5 minutes , add rice , diced tomatoes, remaining Chipotle Creole Rub & Seasoning, chicken broth and bay leaves, stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken and sausage back in, cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until rice is cooked; stir half way through cooking time. Stir in shrimp, cover and cook 5 minutes or just until the shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley and green onions. Serve with hot sauce.