Liberally oil the steaks and season them with your Vintage Merlot Sea Salt. Let them stand at room temperature for about 30-45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425F (220C)
- Heat the cast iron skillet on high for 1-2 minutes until it's smoking hot.
- Pan fry the steaks for about 1-2 minutes without touching them. It might smoke a lot, so open the windows to let the smoke out. Since the steaks are already oiled, you do not need to add any extra oil into the skillet.
Turn the steaks after 1-2 minutes.
Put a little knob of butter onto each steak.
- Pan fry the steaks without touching them for another 1-2 minutes.
- Put the skillet into the oven.
- For Medium Rare, leave the steaks in the oven for 3-4 minute, turning them halfway through.
- For Medium, leave the steaks in the oven for 5-6 minutes, turning them halfway through.